Monday, June 15, 2009

Bad week for writing... On second thought, it was just a bad week!

Ok, so reporting it time.

This past week has been terrible. Altogether I wrote almost 1,000 words. Not that great! However, I did deal with a lot of things that got in my way... (I know, I shouldn't be making excuses already!)
  • I had a the largest load of deadlines at work that I have had in almost a 2 years.
  • I had several large projects that needed to be done at home including building a wall in my basement (images to come later) and finishing the trimwork around the floors in my kitchen.
  • My neighbor died in a motorcycle crash and the neighborhood has been rallying together for thier family.
  • And lastly, I got a terrible sinus-infection. Augh!

So, all things considered, I feel pretty good about getting almost 1,000 words written for my book. And I plan to make it up over the next few weeks.

On a positive note, I worked out some very important character details in my mind. I also finished another fantastic book by Raymond E. Feist called Krondor - Tear of the Gods. I also will begin to use the "Marshal Plan for Novel Writing" to reinforce what I have already written in my novel and hopefully improve various facets of my story.

So, here is my check-in: 17,080 words. I had better get crackin!
Later.

No comments: