Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Turning things around!

Last night I wrote over a thousand words. Boy that feels good. Not only did it feel good to get a scene out of my head, but it turned out really good. I think that after editing it will be really good.

On top of exceeding my daily goal I learned something about myself and they way that I write. That lesson, as far as I am concerned, is worth it's weight in gold. What was his lesson you might be asking yourself. I learned about implying aspects of my character through the story instead of doing a brain-dump.

I also learned something about the Narrator of my story. He is definitely NOT me. :) Suddenly as I was sitting and watching the screen, my fingers took over and the voice of my narrator became audibly clear in my head. My fingers danced over the keyboard and I was entranced by the story that was being written. I enjoyed the story. I enjoyed the voice of the narrator. It was a really cool experience. I think that I am beginning to realize why authors LOVE to write.

It is so exciting to see the ideas that well up inside my head find relief as they are typed, word by individual word across the screen of my computer. Unfortunately, if you have not attempted to write, I doubt that you will understand this unique experience. This fact is sort of a downer. I unsuccessfully try to share with others my excitement. I try because the excitement lingers on the next day, but when I share it, it falls on ears that just do not understand what I am trying to express.

Oh, well. Perhaps I have learned three big lessons.

Anyway, here is my check-in: 18,085 words.

Later!

1 comment:

Des said...

CUTE blog Ammon! I know...cute isnt very masculine is it? Oh well. Its cute anyway! Love the way you do things. The picture of you was great to see. I miss you already! It was so hard to walk away yesterday as you were all waving and yelling goodbye! I love you Ammon. You are the best brother!!! I know you will make your goal if you really want it. Sounds like your doing a great job already! Love you! Des