Friday, October 30, 2009

Quick Check-in

Yesterday I wrote 660 words. It wasn't much but It was good for me to write anything at all.

I have been listening to "The Secrets" podcast by Michael Stackpole and he talks about this. He encourages people to write down anything every day even if it only ends up being a sentence because eventually you will have a finished work.

I am running with that concept. Perhaps I will make it my personal motto. I may not have reached my 1,000 word a day goal, but I did get the end of one scene written and an entire scene following it finished as well. They didn't turn out quite like I had anticipated them to; they turned out better.

How exciting to watch my characters coming to life as my fingers punch the keys. One day at a time.

Later,
Ammon

No comments: