Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I wrote & officially join NaNoWriMo!

Yesterday I put down 900 words. I know that it's not a lot. For me its like starting physical therapy. Slow at first, but slow progress is still progress.

I am pretty excited about it since I finished a crucial scene; one that I had started just before my car wreck. It was really cool to see how it finished. I really hadn't known where it was going but I am really happy with the payoff. It also leaves enough unwritten that anyone who reads that scene is going to be chocked full of desire to read more. (At least I am)

So, Check-in time. I have written exactly 21,950 words as of yesterday.

I have also been preparing for NaNoWriMo. I have loads of new ideas and great information from several podcasts that I have been steeping in. I'm SUPER excited about that. Though I have discovered that I am going to have to do all my NaNoWriMo work after the fam is in bed which is going to be super tough. But, many a person has written a novel in the late evenings. I believe that Stephen King is one of them (Writing Carrie). If they can do it, I can get it done that way to. Also, noteworthy is my particpant badge for joining NaNoWriMo. Enjoy!

Other than that I don't have a lot going on other than being a full time father, and working at work. Talk to you all soon!

Ammon

No comments: